Chiang Mai Theological Seminary
Chiang Mai Theological Seminary (CTS) has about 80 full-time and another 70 long-distance learners, making a total of 150. Besides our facult we have facilities that are outfitted with quality educational equipment and a library. We have students who are serving the Lord within the country, serving as pastors, evangelist, church planters, NGO leaders and alumni who are serving God overseas as missionaries.
20 churches were founded
Sent out 20 missionaries
150 new students
Around 20 local churches support CTS
Total funding for construction of CTS facilities is 45 million baht
Ongoing to 20 local church seminaries
In 1999, Dr. Larry Dinkins, Missionary with O.M.F, started teaching the Bible to about 25 students in Chiang Mai. Dr. Henry. Breidenthal joined Dr. Dinkins to develop a curriculum for the school in 1999. In 2001, Michael Conserva from Phayao Bible College joined the team, thus increasing the number of qualified faculty members.
In 2001, the Lord gave a vision to these faculty members to establish a Center for Biblical Studies. In June of 2001, the Chiang Mai Bible Center (CBC) began.
At first, students used Dr. Henry's house as a teaching classroom. There were 12 first-generation students (including full-time and part-time students). In the second year, the number of students increased to 18. In 2002, the school relocated to accommodate the growing number of students and added Mr.Pathompon Kong-Amornsaichol as another faculty team member.
Two years after its official opening, Chiang Mai Christian Center changed its name in both Thai and English to Chiangmai Theological Seminary (CTS) to match the growing teaching and learning environment of both faculty and students.
In 2003 CTS added another qualified teacher, Rev.Dr.Daniel Kim. In 2004 Rev.Dr. Daniel Kim became director of CTS following the leadership of Rev. Michael Conserva. In 2005, Mr.Nipon Triviang and Rev. Ernest Ung joined CTS.
The year 2005 was a milestone for CTS. The program launched a mobile seminary to train church leaders such as deacons, parents, and lay church leaders. This course was designed to help the church increase knowledge and clear understanding of the scriptures, experience in Christian service and principles of the Christian life in order to serve the Lord effectively.
Currently, C.T.S. has about 80 full-time and some students and another 70 long-distant students, making a total of 150 students. Besides our faculty we have facilities that are outfitted with quality educational equipment and a library. We have students who are serving the Lord within the country, serving as pastors, evangelist, church planters, NGO leaders and alumni who are serving God overseas.
1. We believe in the supreme living God. God created the heavens and the earth. The triune God consists of three eternal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost Spirit. These three persons are a unity who is worthy of worship (Gen. 1:1, Math. 4:1, Mk. 12:29, Jn. 14:16,26)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus was God's only Son and a true God. Jesus was incarnated into human flesh through the virgin Mary through the power of the Holy Spirit. Through the Savior’s sacrificial death on the cross and shed blood sin has been atoned for. On the third day Jesus was raised from the dead and appeared to His disciples. After forty days, he ascended to heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father, as the mediator between God and man, and will come to Earth a second time to judge mankind (Heb. 1:2-3, Phil. 2:5, 1 Cor. 15:3-6, Rom. 8:34, 1 Jn. 2:1, Acts 1:11).
3. We believe in the Holy Ghost /Spirit The Spirit of God inspires man to repent and become reborn and lives in the hearts of believers. (Jn.16:7, Titus 3:5)
4. We believe in the Bible Every part of God’s Word is inspired by the Lord and is useful in teaching and reproof. God's word is alive and powerful, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, joints and marrow and is able to discern the thoughts of the heart. (Heb. 3:15-17, 2 Pet. 1:21, Heb. 4:12).
5. We believe that man was created by God in His image. Man fell into sin by sins by listening to the devil's temptation to go against God's commands. The result is that all human beings are under sins domination and are subject to His judgment. (Gen. 2:26, Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:3, 2 Thes. 1:8-9).
6. We believe that salvation is a gift from God. Human beings can't save themselves, so they must be helped by God through repentance and trust in The Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8, Rom. 3:24).
7. We believe that the church is God's holy community consisting of all believing Christians. Jesus Christ as head of the church (Eph 1:22-23, 2:19-22)
8. We believe that on the last day all men will be resurrected Those who believe will be with God in heaven, and those who do not believe will enter into eternal suffering in hell. God is supreme in all aspects of life. (Acts 24:15, Da. 12:2, 1 Thes. 4:16-17,1 Cor.15:28).
We desire to honor God by training leaders through a scripture-centric education to manifest the true Christian life and to serve God both locally and globally.
The Purposes of CTS
The Curriculum and Training done at CTS aims to help and strengthen students in the following areas:
1. Learn to Know Christ By learning to focus and depend on God and by allowing the Holy Spirit to change us into the image of Christ.
2. Learn the Word by understanding its content and meaning, in order to use that truth to live an exemplary Christian life and develop skills using the Word of God as our guide.
3. Learn to know self by learning our potential through the use of spiritual gifts.
4. Learn to know others by learning about the needs of others so that we might communicate the gospel effectively with others.
5. Learn and develop various skills in serving the Lord efficiency.